WHY GHEE IS USED IN AYURVEDA
Ghee is used extensively in Ayurveda. It is one of the elements most used in Panchakarma. Along with kichari, medicated ghee is used to help purging the body of all harmful toxins or ama.
What is ghee?
Ghee is better known as clarified butter. It is the butter that remains after all the hard-to-digest components are removed. It is fatty and smooth in texture and often used in Indian kitchens. The rich flavour and taste and the clarification process make it an ideal choice for cooking. It is also infused with a number of herbs and spices and used for various treatments in Ayurveda.
WHY GHEE IS USED IN AYURVEDA BENEFITS OF GHEE
- Ghee canb be used externally to soothe the skin and treat wounds or irritated skin.
- When consumed internally, ghee can nourish and soothe the digestive tract and reproductive system.
- Ghee can be used in cooking numerous dishes. The most popular dish is kichari which is part of the Panchakarma
- Ghee is a natural eye makeup remover and can be nourishing for the eyes as well.
- Ghee is also used in Ayurveda to massage the body. This is particularly useful for dry or vata body types.
- Ghee has intensely hydrating property which can help calm rashes in babies.
- It can be used in haircare to moisturize and stimulate hair follicles.
- Ghee helps in digestion and faster absorption and assimilation of food.
- Ghee acts as a lubricant in the body and reduces painful or inflamed joints.
- When regularly consumed it can stimulate better cognitive function.
- Ghee is a great catalyst which helps boost the healing and restoring properties of the herbs which have been infused in it.
- A mixture of Amla powder, raisins and ghee, can be kept in the mouth to relieve the dryness.
- Garlic and ghee can be eaten together to break fevers.
- On an empty stomach, apply a mixture of saffron and ghee into the nostrils. This helps relieve migraines.
- Ghee can be used productively in a number of ways. Always consult an ayurvedic doctor to know the best way to incorporate ghee into your diet or lifestyle.